Phenomenal Festivities
Phenomenal Festivities

Apply Now!

Apply+Now%21

We’re looking for applicants who enjoy collaborating with others, are looking to develop their leadership skills, like to laugh, and are interested in different approaches to writing.

Breezes editor positions are open to all students who will be juniors and seniors in 2013-2014. Breezes is a year-round activity with a managable time commitment. The free pizza and donuts are a nice perk.

The following positions are available for the 2013-2014 school year:

Web Manager

solo position

This is an exciting role for a tech-savvy, organized and independent person. Our online edition is located at www.minnetonkabreezes.com, and uses a program called WordPress– it is fairly intuitive once one becomes familiar with its nuances. We are looking for a candidate with strong computer literacy skills, terrific time management, and a knack for visual aesthetics. This particular position does not involve managing staff writers, but does mean working closely with other editors.

Arts and Entertainment Editor

two positions available

A primary goal with this section is a focus on the arts world beyond the school doors. This section deserves two individuals who are knowledgeable about the many and varied opportunities in the Mpls./St. Paul etc. arts community. Arts is defined as: music, film, literature, theater, visual/fine arts, gaming, performance, more?
Commentary Editor

two positions available

The commentary section is not an opinions section where writers rant or air grievances. It is a section where someone who is interested in engaging in a smart analysis about relevant issues in our community and world can publish an article. If you are an editor for this position, you must be prepared to explain to writers what a smart commentary is. Topics will involve research and thoughtful presentation of ideas. Satire is also welcome and encouraged.

Feature

two positions available

The feature section is also known as the center spread and is where we can highlight important issues affecting the student population – topics are sometimes controversial, sometimes funny, but always relevant. It is where we provide an in-depth look at an issue, approaching it from multiple angles. Feature is a wonderful opportunity to bring many types of journalism together, including design layout. This section requires engaged, curious, creative and open-minded individuals.

Sports Editor

two positions available

The sports section focuses on our high school teams and athletes. This encompasses the MSHSL teams, intramural, adapted, and other club sports. However, this section is also open for students to talk about other issues in the sporting world that are relevant to the student body: health and wellness, collegiate and professional sports, etc.

Business Manager

solo position

The Business Manger takes on all responsibilities regarding advertising, billing, and other related administrative duties. This person communicates regularly with the local business community in generating ad revenue for the paper. We are looking for someone with initiative, strong interpersonal skills and excellent organizational habits.

Copy Editor

solo position

This position is the dream job of the person who loves finding mistakes and has been accused of being a perfectionist with grammar, punctuation and sentencing. An advantage of this position is that you get to have a say in the content and presentation of every section, but you don’t need to worry about managing any writers.

Photo Editor

solo position

This position consults with editors and manages a team of staff photographers to get the perfect images. Photo editor uses Adobe Photoshop to edit and format images.

The following positions have been filled by returning editors: Editor-in-Chief, Social Media Manager, Back Page Editor, Student Life Editor

Pick up your application outside 2418