Minnetonka High School is seeing double (and triple)

Isa Larus and Gigi Anderson/Destiny Weaver and Anna Barnard, Feature Editor/Feature Staff Writer

This article is from the November issue of Breezes. Pick up a copy and start reading today!

Minnetonka High School is home to quite a few sets of twins and triplets. Take a look below to read some fun facts about Minnetonka multiples and meet the Leonoviczs and the Bhojwanis.

multiples

The Leonoviczs

Twins may be cool and all, but let’s face it – triplets are much cooler. Sarah, Emma, and James Leonovicz, seniors here at Minnetonka, shared with me the cold, hard facts about being triplets.

A seemingly ubiquitous misconception about triplets is that they must be carbon copies of each other, but James puts this myth to rest. He explains that he and his sisters “honestly aren’t all that similar; we’re different in that we all have different interests.”

Being a triplet also comes with its perks. Sarah, the oldest of the Leonovicz trio, says that receiving a parking pass was extremely easy; she didn’t have to look too far to avoid the chaos of finding a partner. Emma’s favorite thing about being a triplet is being in the same grade and usually taking the same types of classes, so she has an immediate source of help. James, the youngest triplet, enjoys the fact that they’re all close to the same age. Think about it: If you’re all the same age, your parents can’t trap you into babysitting.

At first glance, no one would even guess that they are triplets. They’re fraternal, and they don’t look alike. Also, they don’t spend every waking moment with each other. Nevertheless, they are close, and they aren’t much different than anyone else.

The Bhojwanis

One well-known set of twins at MHS is Savannah and Tucker Bhojwani. Savannah describes that she and Tucker share many things such as friends, taste in music, and activities. However, they have very different personalities. Savannah explains that she is more “English-minded” while Tucker more “math-minded,” and despite their differences she assures that their “strengths and weaknesses complement each other.”

Although Savannah and Tucker have different personalities, they are very close and value always having someone by their side. They never have to go into things alone. They share inside jokes about their favorite TV shows and movies. Savannah even claims she and Tucker have some sense of twin telepathy once in a while (being a twin myself, I know this to be true). Savannah and Tucker have traditions and jokes regarding their interactions when they were little that they still reference in their family, and they gang up on their parents when they want to. Savannah admits, “We can get annoyed with each other, but in the end we are each other’s number one supporters … we are true partners in crime!”

savanna and tucker