Movies you haven’t seen on Netflix but should

Movies you havent seen on Netflix but should

Kelsey Bailey, A&E Staff Writer

This article is from the November issue of Breezes. Pick up a copy and start reading today!

Chalet Girl

Starring Felicity Jones and Ed Westwick, this rom-com follows Kim, a former skateboarding champion, who is offered a job at an exclusive ski resort in Austria following her mother’s untimely death. Taking it in the hopes of earning enough money to support her struggling father, she soon finding herself falling for the son of the wealthy family she works for. Filled with twists and turns on and off the slopes, this British comedy is sure to make everyone laugh (and make them wish they lived in a posh house in the Alps). This is the movie to watch for anyone that is ready for autumn to end and winter to begin.

Election

A high school teacher’s personal life becomes complicated, so he takes out his frustrations on the school election. Pinpointing one student he despises, he puts all of his time into undermining her campaign. Both of their secrets and scandals are revealed as the student and teacher try to fight their way to the top. Starring Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick pre-spotlight, this movie allows you to see how they became the well-known actors they are today.

Beauty and the Briefcase

An aspiring writer, Lane pitches her article to a big magazine with the goal of having it published. She ends up having to work undercover in an investment firm while writing her article about finding love in an all-male workplace. Since she has no business background, her experiences consist of mishaps in and out of the office. Starring the all-time favorite Hilary Duff, this movie will remind viewers of the beloved Lizzie McGuire, while allowing you to appreciate the comical chaos that ensues.

Chef

After Carl Casper quits his job at a popular upscale restaurant, he decides to start a food truck and go back to his roots. He spends the whole summer traveling across the country with his son, preparing and selling Cuban food along the way. Although sad at times, this movie has an encouraging message: family is truly important. Starring Jon Favreau and Sofia Vergara, this movie is certainly worth your time. It also has tons of delicious food, so be prepared to have the sudden urge to cook.