Minnetonka High School's Student News

Minnetonka Breezes

Minnetonka High School's Student News

Minnetonka Breezes

Minnetonka High School's Student News

Minnetonka Breezes

The Sauna Renaissance
The Sauna Renaissance
March 22, 2024
Lets Talk Protein
Let's Talk Protein
March 22, 2024
Phenomenal Festivities
Phenomenal Festivities
March 22, 2024

The need for ID

The need for ID

As the weather gets colder and roads and sidewalks become more dangerous, it is increasingly important for an athlete to have proper identification while working out outside. Carrying identification is a common safety measure many athletes mistakenly overlook. However, it is the mission of Road ID to “see the day where wearing ID is as common among athletes as wearing a seatbelt is among motorists.” Road ID sets out to accomplish this goal by creating innovative identification products that athletes will want to wear.
Road ID is a company that focuses on athlete safety and variety of identification products. Road IDs are available in a variety of colors and styles, so there is likely a color and style that will match any athlete’s personality.
Each ID is custom engraved with the athlete’s important identification details. It is suggested that everyone include their name, birth year, city, state, country and two contact numbers on the ID. If an athlete has allergies or a medical condition, Road ID recommends including that on the ID as well. Many athletes also choose to add a motivational phrase or quote on their ID, in addition to the other information.
So, what are the benefits of wearing a Road ID? Although no one wants to think of the accidents that can occur while working out, they do still happen and it is best to prepare for the unexpected. According to Road ID’s website, each year 450,000 athletes are taken to hospitals unconscious and without identification. If identification is not available, medical treatment may be delayed due to lack of available medical history. However, with a Road ID, identification and contact information is instantly provided. First Responders are now being trained to look for Road IDs on patients they treat. If after an accident you are unable to speak for yourself, Road ID will speak for you.
Senior Cross Country runner, Emily Dzurak, wears a Road ID because it gives her and her mom “peace of mind” when she runs alone. Emily wears the Road ID Slim in black, because she “liked the way it looked and goes with everything.” She realizes the dangers of running or working out without identification and now never leaves for a run without her Road ID.
If you are an outdoor enthusiast of any kind, or even enjoy the occasional workout by yourself, please visit www.roadid.com, read testimonials of Road ID wearers and check out the variety of products. For under $20, it could not only change your life, it could save it too.