Halloween Health Tricks for the Treats

Halloween Health Tricks for the Treats

David Weinberg, Sports Editor

With Halloween right around the corner, you’ll probably find yourself eating a lot of candy in the coming days. Whether you still go Trick-or-Treating (we’re never too old, are we?), buy candy cheap at Target, attend a Halloween party, or choose to steal from a younger sibling, here are a few health tips to make the most out of your Halloween:

• Don’t eat all of your candy at once. It’s hard to have self-control – I know how tempting it is to devour a few pounds of candy in just a few days. But trust me. If you have just a piece or two of candy per day, you’ll have enough candy to last until next Halloween and you’ll get a little treat every day.
  • Bring a piece of candy or two every time you have a test. This makes test-taking a little more fun.
  • Enjoy the outdoors, even when it gets chilly. Maybe you do skiing or snowboarding in the winter. If you do – awesome! If not, you can still bike or walk to school for a little while longer. The cool morning air will leave you feeling refreshed and energized as you enter the warm halls of Minnetonka High School. Plus, you’ll burn off some calories from the Halloween candy while you’re at it.

spooky

These are just a few health tips that should help make this holiday a blast. Have a Happy Halloween, Tonka!