Minnetonka High School's Student News

Minnetonka Breezes

Minnetonka High School's Student News

Minnetonka Breezes

Minnetonka High School's Student News

Minnetonka Breezes

The Sauna Renaissance
The Sauna Renaissance
March 22, 2024
Lets Talk Protein
Let's Talk Protein
March 22, 2024

Minnetonka Girls Soccer is Kickin’ It

The Minnetonka girls soccer team is having an amazing season with a record of 10-3. The team has played a multitude of really tough teams and prevailed through the battle on the field. Alex Kruell, ‘24, expresses that the team’s success can be attributed to “our ability to play collectively,” and “our teamwork and communication.” 

Head coach of the girls soccer team, Jeff Hopkins, says that “energy and attitude” are two components key to the success of the team this season. They have been “ready for difficult challenges” and ready to “compete and bring their very best.” Kruell adds that “getting excited for each other” is also critical to the team’s success. With a positive attitude, and working collectively towards goals, Hopkins states that “when done in unison, we are definitely an exciting and fun team to watch.” 

Due to a demanding and heavy game schedule, the team has faced tribulations as well. However, the girls have responded triumphantly. Hopkins states that he is “very proud of how the team adapted to a new culture with high demands,” since coming into the season as a new coach the week before tryouts, “the players had to step up and push themselves through hard work and team cohesion.” 

Being a team so heavily composed of seniors, they are a major contribution to the team’s energy and overall success. “Ultimately, having a core group of seniors and returning veterans have all contributed to our ongoing successes.”  As a member of the Minnetonka girls soccer program and growing up playing soccer her whole life, Kruell reminisces on the years she had. Although this high school season will be her last as she doesn’t plan on playing club soccer this winter, she was appreciative of the current season she’s in. “Everything is very bittersweet. I try not to think about it, but knowing that this is our last, I feel like I’m cherishing every moment”. 

As the girls head into sections, the idea of team energy and camaraderie becomes even more relevant. However, there seems to be no lack in that area from the Minnetonka girls soccer team.