Phenomenal Festivities
Phenomenal Festivities

Ask the experts: Prom

Ask the experts: Prom

Prom season is sneaking up and I’m in need of a date! Any tips to help me prepare? 

Evan says…

Alright guys, the big dance is coming up: prom, dudes! Get excited because it’s usually a good time, and if you plan it right it’ll be a great time. Now unless you’re that super lucky freshman or sophomore with an upperclassmen hook up, this will mostly pertain to upperclassmen dudes. Prom is a huge deal, especially for the girls. So, first big piece of advice is just to keep that in mind, because I know a ton of girls who are already fighting over $300 dresses. Next big thing we have to talk about is finding that perfect date! The benefit of having a mondo big high school is that there are a billion different girls, and because it’s Minnetonka, they’re all above average. Now, us dudes have to start thinking about who our dates are going to be like two months ago, because the girls have been thinking about who they want to ask them like eight years ago. Start laying out the possibilities, and figure out your options. Once you plan who you’re going to ask, which I think like after spring break would be a good time frame, plan the ask. You guys know from all of our other dances the ask is huge. Prom is the biggest dance, so go big or go home on this one. Google is your friend; there are plenty of awesome sites to get some ideas going for you. I think the key is to work off of inside jokes you have with the girl, which always makes it more personal and she’ll dig it for sure. Good luck dudes.

Kaitlin says…

Alright girls, it’s that time of year again, prom date season. Some
of you may think that it is a little early to begin thinking about prom, but you’re wrong. Once spring break comes along, prom will be on most people’s minds. Unless you are lucky and already know who you are going with or have a boyfriend who is guaranteed to ask you it might be a good idea to start looking around and deciding your options before all the good dates are gone, because we all know… they go fast. Start talking to that one guy in your math class or the guy you’ve had your eye on, you never know, he may be in need of a date. Looking around is even a good idea for you freshman and sophomore girls because if you can make an upperclassmen boy fall for you and choose you over all other girls, you’re in! Keep in mind though that prom is for the upperclassmen, so don’t try too hard. Another thing to keep in mind is to never underestimate how long it takes to find a dress. I advise you girls to get out there and start looking right away after you’ve been asked because just like guys, they go fast and you need to find that perfect dress. Besides that, you girls know what to do; if you got it, flaunt it. Best of luck to all you ladies out there!