Phenomenal Festivities
Phenomenal Festivities

What is MHS Listening to?

What kind of music do you listen to? Do you think others could relate to this? In a survey between 10 people from different social circles, there were distinct trends in the kind of music they listened to. When asked the general question of “What genres of music do you typically listen to?”, 10/10 people listed pop as one of their regular listens. This isn’t surprising since the radio is a key factor in people’s music tastes, and pop is frequently played on the radio. Other notable genres were Hip Hop/Rap with 6/10 people, Rock with 4/10 people, and EDM with 4/10 people. Another question was “From what decade is the music you listen to from?”, to which the answers were not shocking to say the least. We see that the commonality of a decade of music decreases as the years get farther from the present: 2020s with 10/10 people, 2010s with 8/10 people, 2000s with 7/10, 90s with 5/10, and so on. Although there were no responses for the 50s and 60s, there was one “Before 50s” response that I’m extremely curious about. Some specific song recommendations were “First Light” by Hozier, “Breakeven” by The Script, and “Waltz No. 2” by Dmitri Shostakovich (didn’t expect that one). Some specific band or artist recommendations were Jack Johnson, Lorde, and Coldplay.