Coffeehouse this Friday: bring your own coffee

Jade Dill, Student Life Editor

Coffeehouse: the most legit high school concert you will find in the Twin Cities. Do you not enjoy basketball or hockey? This is the place for you (who doesn’t love music?) If you’re confused, Coffeehouse is a student-led production, where the musically gifted are given an outlet to show off their talents. The show lasts for about three hours, but feel free to come and go as you please. As for me, I’m staying for the whole thing. Yeah, It’s that good.

The most entertaining part of the entire show I find to be when you realize that you’re fangirling over your classmates. Not in a creepy way, but in more of a “how did I not know you were this talented?!” type of way. That one kid in your math class who doesn’t talk very much? He absolutely shreds on the guitar. That other guy you wish would stop talking about his band all of the time? Well, he deserves to talk about it, because they, for lack of a better word, rock. And if rock isn’t really your style, folk, indie, and singer-songwriter music all serve as essentials for the show, along with classics, throwbacks, and new hits, too. Coffeehouse is a nice time to just sit back, relax (or mosh), and appreciate all of the talent MHS possesses.

Tickets are $5 and wear closed-toed shoes!