The Trend of Stickers is Spreading Through Minnetonka, And It Will Stick

Wieses+favorite+sticker+on+her+water+bottle+is+a+large%2C+pink+pineapple.+

Gabriella Wiese

Wiese’s favorite sticker on her water bottle is a large, pink pineapple.

Caroline Davis, Staff Writer

All around popular culture, stickers have become more prevalent. Many younger generations have stickers on their water bottle, laptop, iPad and practically any other surface. Stickers can provide insight into someone’s interests, activities, hobbies, and more. One might be interested in traveling and have stickers from all the places they’ve visited or they might have ten dog stickers, meaning they probably aren’t a cat person.

Stickers come from all kinds of places, like websites or small stores, and there is a surplus of stickers available. You can get stickers related to patterns, animals, movies, music and everything in between. Trending stickers on RedBubble.com, a popular website that specializes in stickers, are sunflowers, dogs, “sips tea,” and Michael Scott jokes from The Office. There are even funny stickers like avocados making jokes, or meme references.

Stickers can be a great way to capture, share, and remember experiences.

Colleen Dorfler, a writer for the Odyssey newspaper,  says, “It’s a handy way to keep memories with you at all times, literally all times, considering you should always be drinking water.”

Many students at Minnetonka have stickers on their water bottles, showing their unique personalities and interests.

Gabriella Wiese, ‘22, says her favorite sticker on her water bottle is a big, pink pineapple, along with many others on her water bottle and iPad.

“I love pineapples and I have everything pineapple themed… I’m addicted to pineapples” she said.

Another student with a sticker-filled water bottle is Annika Smerud, ‘19.  Her favorite sticker says ‘I like big busses and I cannot lie” from The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.

She shared that she puts stickers on her water bottle to “make it more fun and a little more like (her).”

Stickers are a unique way to express yourself and connect with others with similar interests. It can also add a little bit of flair to any regular day item like a water bottle.