Phenomenal Festivities
Phenomenal Festivities

Breezes needs editors for 2012-2013!

Breezes needs editors for 2012-2013!

Whether you’re a current staff writer, a journalism student, or someone who loves to write and hang out with cool people, you should consider joining the Breezes staff! Breezes is a year-long activity that will give you leadership experience, an opportunity to improve your writing, and four days of nonstop fun every month for layout. Please watch announcements for further details or pick up an application outside room 2418. We are looking to fill the following positions (full descriptions of each position can be found on application):

Web Manager (1 position available): This is an exciting role for a tech-savvy, creative and independent person. We are looking for a candidate with strong computer literacy skills, terrific time management, and a knack for visual aesthetics.

Arts and Entertainment Editors (2 positions available): A primary goal with this section is a focus on the arts world beyond the school doors. This section deserves two individuals who are knowledgeable about the many and varied opportunities in the Mpls./St. Paul etc. arts community.

Commentary Editor (1 position available): Commentary is a section where someone who is interested in engaging in a smart analysis about relevant issues in our community and world can publish an article. Editors for this section must be able to articulate ideas and opinions clearly and craft interesting, compelling articles.

Feature Editors (2 positions available): The feature section is also known as the center spread and is where we can highlight important issues affecting the student population – topics are sometimes controversial, sometimes funny, but always relevant. This section requires engaged, interested, creative and open-minded individuals with a penchant for design.

Sports Editor (1 position available): The sports section focuses on our high school athletics. However, this section is also open for students to talk about other issues in the sporting world that are relevant to the student body: health and wellness, collegiate and professional sports, etc.

Business Manager (1 position available): The Business Manger takes on all responsibilities regarding advertising, billing, and other related administrative duties.

Copy Editor (1 position available): This position is the dream job of the person who loves finding mistakes and has been accused of being a perfectionist with grammar, punctuation and sentencing.

*The following positions have already been filled by returning editors: Editor-in-Chief, 1 Commentary Editor, 1 Sports Editor, 1 Photo Editor*