May 2024 Backpage
May 2024 Backpage
May 31, 2024
That's a Wrap
May 31, 2024
To the Top!
May 31, 2024

Flashback Fits: Maxi Skirts and Jorts

When the weather gets warmer, the outfits get bolder. What are Minnetonka High School students wearing to match the weather? With the temperature looming near 70 degrees and the UV hitting 6, jorts and maxi skirts are taking the school in an uproar.As the fashion entertainment brand Refinery29 states, maxi skirts are “the perfect transitional and multi-season clothing piece.” While Vogue has said, “Once you’ve seen a jort, you can’t forget it.” The versatility of the maxi skirt and jort is limitless; pair it with a bold leather jacket for rainy spring days, adorn your favorite layer-able blouse for a breezy day, or an off-the-shoulder t-shirt for a chill afternoon. The maxi skirt and jorts are on the rise among Minnetonka students. Here are some of the stylistic combinations adorned by Minnetonka students:

Outfit #1 is a beachy emerald maxi skirt featuring a drawstring waist paired with a point-collared satin blouse. The string metal necklace elevates this classy yet simple look, another current trend that balances this outfit. The looseness of the top of the shirt is contrasted by the cinching at the waist, making it both a unique and flattering piece. Whether going to the library to study for IB/AP exams or walking through downtown Minneapolis, this outfit is timeless and can be dressed up or down to match the taste of the styler. The outfit is the embodiment of simplicity and academia, ideal for individuals who desire a neutral outfit that can
be worn for any occasion.

Outfit #2 is a red mid-length leather jacket paired with a plaid maxi skirt and bright pink scarf. Thisoutfit is the perfect blend of mix-matched and bold, furthering the compelling element of the look. The warmer combination of burgundy, brown, beige, and
orange is contrasted with the bright fuschia color of the scarf—the focal point of the outfit. This outfit embodies liveliness; one can not help but admire the bright colors eloquently paired with the subtler shades of brown. Whether walking through Excelsior
on a rainy day or going to the Guthrie, this outfit is eye-catching and the perfect opportunity to show off one’s exceptional personality. The plaid pattern of the maxi skirt is the fusion of a flash from the past and a gentle reminder of their grandma’s house, contributing to the peculiar cohesiveness of the outfit.

Outfit #3 is a simple unlined graphic tee paired with the infamous jorts. This simplistic outfit is made for a reaxed look that was probably adorned by your favorite character in a 2000’s coming-of-age film. It is not only seemingly casual but also the embodi-
ment of the perfectly unconventional. The off-the-shoulder top is the subtlest distinction alongside the quilted tote bag with its blend of unique patterns, highlighting the details of this outfit. Whether worn to your local Trader Joe’s or thrifting at the bins, this outfit is the right balance of disheveled and uniquely stylish.