Minnetonka High School's Student News

Minnetonka Breezes

Minnetonka High School's Student News

Minnetonka Breezes

Minnetonka High School's Student News

Minnetonka Breezes

The Sauna Renaissance
The Sauna Renaissance
March 22, 2024
Lets Talk Protein
Let's Talk Protein
March 22, 2024
Phenomenal Festivities
Phenomenal Festivities
March 22, 2024

Halloween Haunts

Halloween Haunts

As high-school students we like to think we’re pretty grown up and that things like trick-or-treating are for little kids; but you can’t deny that dressing up and participating in some truly scary things on Halloween is something we’re never too old for. So what are some creepy attractions to participate in this Halloween? Look no further! I’ve made a list.

Scream Town

Location: Chaska, off of highway 212

Ticket Price: $20

Unlike Trail of Terror there are no tour guides or wagon rides in this wild place, just 5 haunted attractions (including a circus asylum) and a lot of wide open space. Some other events around Minnesota may boast that they’re the scariest, but Scream Town was actually frightening and had me shaking in my boots; though the long lines were less then thrilling.

Frightmares

Location: Buckhill, located off of I-35 in Burnsville

Ticket Price: Wednesday-Saturday $20, Sunday $18

Frightmares has 4 haunted attractions that include vampires, ghosts, bio-hazards, asylums and a haunted cemetery. It also has live bands and DJ’s, a bonfire, places to eat and a magic show, in case you can’t handle the scary parts.

The Soap Factory Presents: The Haunted Basement

Location: Minneapolis, a little ways off of University Ave.

Ticket Price: Sold out this year, but definitely worth reserving your ticket for next year.

The Soap Factory’s haunted basement is without a doubt the creepiest thing to go to on Halloween. I don’t know much about it, because the tickets are sold out almost immediately every year, but I’ve been told the actors and scenery are completely convincing and that everything is artist designed. Also that they have you sign a waiver beforehand so that you won’t sue them for any possible pants wetting on this terrifying tour.