What scares people most of all?

What scares people most of all?

Not only small kids, but also adults feel excitement about Halloween. Costume parties, trick-or-treating, carving pumpkins all cause people to look forward to Halloween. But one major aspect of Halloween is the fear and scare tactics that come along with it. So, let’s figure out what scares the bejesus out of people. Without any hesitation I admit that fear is a good thing. It keeps us on our toes. If there was nothing to freak us out, there would be no order to this world.

The most common things that make people nervous are slithering snakes and poisonous spiders. So why do people think of snakes and spiders so poorly? Misconceptions come from what people see in movies, as media blows myths out of proportion. No actual interactions, some people, who are afraid, have never actually seen one let alone held one. Some fears are rooted through religion, the serpent tricked Eve, and so we are irrationally taught that snakes are evil. Some people can’t even explain why they are scared, when they’re questioned on it, they say: “I just don’t like them!”

What people are afraid of is the unknown, such as death and darkness.  Nobody knows for sure what happens after death, and you don’t know what may be hiding that darkness. People don’t like being out of control of things, and in the darkness, you aren’t aware of where anything is.

The next thing that makes people scared is horror movies. A lot of movies include people, ghosts, or other creatures jumping or popping out of places. When you do not expect something, you often get scared. Some movies are just gruesome to look at, likeSaw.  Movie-goers do not want to see people being chopped up into pieces or having other horrors inflicted upon them. Another reason people get scared is because of the reality factor of horror movies. When they see someone gets gruesomely attacked, they begin to wonder if that could potentially happen to them.

As you can see, there are many things that make people scared. However, this list is not comprehensive. You probably have your own personal fears, and others have their own reasons for why they are afraid of some things.

Happy Halloween, everyone! And don’t forget to scare your friends!